Diversity, Inclusion and Workflex Award Nomination Process
What is the Workplace Diversity Advocate Award and why is it offered?
To recognize those organizations and/or companies who foster an inclusive work environment in which all employees are inspired to contribute their best through their different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences. Award an organization who has been a role model in their local community as a strong advocate for diversity. This award will be based on organizational achievements. The Workplace Diversity Award is presented to the recipient at our annual WI State SHRM Conference at the Kalahari Resort and Conference Center in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
Who is eligible?
Organization/company nominated for this award should:
Who can nominate?
- Have displayed diversity in their local community.
- Be a role model for others in their advocacy of diversity.
- Have demonstrated leadership in championing the cause of racial, cultural, ethnic, linguistic, and other aspects of diversity within the human resources profession and community.
- Be an organization, company or division of an organization/company that is based in the State of Wisconsin.
- Nominations may be submitted by a member of the Wisconsin State Council of SHRM (e.g., SHRM Chapter Presidents, Functional Directors, Regional Directors or Officers).
- Nominations may also be submitted by a Chapter Diversity Advocate/Chair from a Wisconsin SHRM Chapter. (Local Chapter Members and Chapter Board Members may prepare nominations for submission by their SHRM Chapter President or Chapter Diversity Advocate/Chair.)
- An organization can self-nominiate by submitting the application to the board of their local chapter or directly to the Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Workflex, WI SHRM.
If you are nominating an organization other than your own, please work directly with the organization to fill out the nomination form. We want to ensure that the organization has had the opportunity to add initiatives, etc. to the application.
What is the nomination process?
- Complete the nomination form online below and submit by the deadline. Questions should be directed to:
Alvin C. Hill, Jr.
Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Workflex - WISHRM
c/o Milwaukee Center for Independence
2020 W Wells Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
ph: (414) 937-2156
When are nominations due?
How are recipients selected?
- A completed nomination form must be received by July 22, 2019, for consideration.
- Nominations will be reviewed by a Diversity Awards Committee of the Wisconsin State Council of SHRM and will be based on an organizations achievements.
Back to Board of Directors
WI State Council Diversity, Inclusion and Workflex Director
Term Began: 1/1/17
Alvin C. Hill, Jr. is currently the Director of Diversity and Cultural Competence for The Milwaukee Center For Independence. (MCFI) Al was promoted into his current position in September of 2006, and in this role, is responsible for the overall planning, implementation and oversight of MCFIs workforce and supplier diversity strategies and initiatives with direct oversight of the agencys MCFI Diversity Team which consists of ten members. Under his leadership, MCFI was awarded the Wisconsin Association of Equal Opportunity Strategic Diversity Council Award and The Wisconsin State SHRM Diversity Advocate Award.
Al received his AAS Degree in Marketing from Milwaukee Area Technical College and is a graduate of the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute.