Position Description and Duties
The Foundation Director represents the interests of the SHRM Foundation and its activities to the State.
- Educate and raise awareness of the SHRM Foundation to the chapters and the State Council regarding the purpose, resources, and ongoing activities of the Foundation.
- Promoting the SHRM Foundation and its fund development needs at the leadership conference, state conferences, State Councils, and chapters.
- Encourage chapters, the State Council, and State Council members to contribute financially to the SHRM Foundation as a show of support for the Human Resources profession, ensuring that at least 50% of the chapters made a contribution to the SHRM Foundation.
- Advise and update the State Council and chapters of the Foundation's activities and fund development needs.
- Promote the SHRM Foundation regional scholarship program.
- Utilize National SHRM resources as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
- Self-directed work style
- Current working knowledge of SHRM Foundation
- Effective customer service skills
- Effective a fundraising
- Team orientation
- Ability to advocate for council and national SHRM
- Ability to recruit potential WISHRM council members
- SHRM membership in good standing required.
- SHRM certification preferred.
Appointment is made by the State Director with the concurrence of the Area Vice President. Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be reappointed for two additional terms for a total service of three years.
Back to Board of Directors