The Director of Programing is responsible for keeping chapter programming a high priority for the State Council and for providing a 'go to' resource for chapter programming issues.
Responsible To: State Director
- Facilitate communication, determining frequency, with chapter programming coordinators, i.e. via conference calls or other method; host programming roundtable or breakout session at WISHRM State Leadership Conference
- Attend all State Council meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
- Review and prepare reports associated with Council meetings and activities. Review and provide approval of prepared minutes of Council meetings. Approve Council meeting attendance records.
- Lead drive toward strengthening chapter programming calendars; facilitate, expand and/or explore collaboration among chapters which may include cost-sharing for events/presenters, webcast or streaming of presentations, archiving of programs and/or other
- Work closely with Annual Conference Planning Committee to assist in acquiring speakers
- Lead creation, enhancement and/or maintenance of central database listing proven/vetted speakers
- Explore supplemental funding source(s) to support programming; if warranted, establish criteria, oversee plan development, make recommendation to State Council and ensure implementation
National SHRM membership in good standing required. SHRM certification preferred. Appointment made by the State Council Director
Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be re-elected for two additional terms for a total of three years.
Back to Board of Directors
Terleen Cheslock is the Strategic HR Manager at Fox Valley Technical College. She is an experienced staff development manager with a demonstrated history of working in higher education. Skilled in compensation, corporate communications, labor relations, interviewing, and organizational development. Terleen has her Masters of Science Degree focused in Organizational Development & Behavior from Silver Lake College. She has spent over 20 years in the human resources industry. Terleen also adjunct instructs in the HR program at the college.
The Director of Programming is responsible for keeping chapter progamming a high priority for the State Council and for providing a 'go to' resource for chapter programming issues.