- State Conference Nominations Information
Every year Wisconsin SHRM puts together a State Conference for Human Resource Professionals. We are very proud of the success of those conferences through the years. The conferences would not be possible without the dedication and hard work of volunteer professionals who form a planning committee each year.
- 2024 Conference Co-Chairs - Positions filled
- Seeking 2025 Conference Co-Chairs - Deadline is October 27, 2023
- We are now looking for two committed HR leaders to serve as the 2025 Conference Co-Chairs. The 2025 Wisconsin State SHRM Conference will be held October 8-10, 2025 at the Kalahari Resort & Conference Center in the Wisconsin Dells. To view volunteer position descriptions click here and to complete your Nomination Form click here. SHRM members from across the state are encouraged to apply! Please help spread the word. The annual conference is not possible without the dedication of the conference committee.
- Seeking 2024 Conference Planning Committee Positions - Deadline is October 27, 2023
- The 2024 Wisconsin State SHRM Conference will be held October 9-11, 2024 at the Kalahari Resort & Conference Center in the Wisconsin Dells. To view volunteer position descriptions click here and to complete your Nomination Form click here. SHRM members from across the state are encouraged to apply! Please help spread the word. The annual conference is not possible without the dedication of the conference committee.
Guidelines for the Conference Committee Selection
Future Dates and Locations of Wisconsin State HR Conferences:
The 2024 Conference Co-chairs working with support from the Conference Liaison Director will select the 2024 sub-committee co-chairs.
- Individuals serving in a conference sub-committee co-chair role must submit an application by October 27th of the year prior to the conference year for which they wish to serve.
- Conference sub-committee co-chairs are allowed to serve up to three years in the same role. If someone serves up to 3 years they will be able to apply for a different role on the committee.
- Applicants interested in applying for Exhibit, Programming, Accommodation and Publications committee co-chair roles will be asked to make a 2-3 year commitment.
General Committee Expectations:
- To be considered, all applications must be submitted by the deadline.
- Attend monthly committee meetings from December of the prior year up until the conference date (October). The option to attend via conference call is usually available.
- Fulfill the position requirements as outlined by the Conference Position Descriptions.
- Be present and actively involved "behind the scenes" at the conference. Some committee members are limited to the number of learning sessions they can attend.
- Develop new relationships with HR Professionals across the state and have fun.
- October 9 - 11, 2024 Wisconsin Dells - Kalahari Resort & Conference Center
- October 8 - 10, 2025 Wisconsin Dells - Kalahari Resort & Conference Center
See all State Conference Position Descriptions.
Contact for questions:
Amy Collett, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, AIM
WI SHRM Conference Liaison Director
Leah is a 19+ year veteran in the human resources field. After getting her Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from the University of Iowa, Leah’s HR career jumpstarted when she moved to Milwaukee to work for a nationwide department store before ending up in the financial sector.
Leah’s journey through the HR field has provided her the opportunities to work in Recruiting, HR Compliance, Employee Relations, HR Generalist and more. Leah is currently a Sr. Human Resources Generalist for Northwestern Mutual where, in her words, “loves doing the right thing and being that trusted liaison that her business partners can depend on.”
Leah has been an active volunteer for over 10 years with both the local chapter and WISHRM. She has progressed from being the membership coordinator at the local chapter to holding several roles on the State Conference committee and now as Conference Liaison Director Elect.
Leah resides in Pewaukee with her husband and their dog. When she is at home, Leah enjoys being active outdoors, family time, traveling, and reading a good book.