Position Description & Duties
The Leadership Director is responsible for coordinating the leadership, volunteer, society and human resources-related training and development activities for the members of the state council and local SHRM chapters.
RESPONSIBLE TO: State Director
- Attend all State Council meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
- Promote SHRM membership among practicing members of the human resource profession.
- Assists the council in the dissemination of information to Chapters providing timely and accurate responses to questions. Makes recommendations as warranted.
- Work with chapter leaders to incorporate state and SHRM goals into local chapter activities.
- Chair the planning of the yearly State Leadership Conference with assistance from the District Directors and State Director.
- Report to the State Council on a regular basis regarding the activities of the Leadership Conference committee.
- Identify individuals who demonstrate effective leadership roles within the district for potential leadership involvement on the council.
- Provides direction, assistance and support of professional development activities within the state and SHRM.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
- SHRM membership in good standing required.
- HRCI certification highly desirable
- Self-directed work style
- Effective customer service skills
- Team orientation
- Ability to advocate for chapter and council
- Ability to recruit potential WISHRM council members
Serves a two-year term beginning the first of January and ending the last day of December. Appointed by the State Director. May be re-appointed for two additional terms for a total service of four years.
Back to Board of Directors
Jackie Peterson, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, Regional HR Manager, has been with Sonoco Products Company since 2003. She has over 20 years of HR and leadership experience. She received Sonoco’s “People Award 2013” in recognition of her efforts leading the development and implementation of a program teaching Leadership Fundamentals and is Certified as a Coach by the Center for Creative Leadership. She received a Bachelors of Business Administration with a major in Finance and an MBA with a Human Resources Emphasis from the University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh. In the past she has been the Accounting Manager and the Director of HR for Admanco as well as the School District Accountant in Ripon, WI. She is a member of the Fox Valley Chapter of SHRM and has volunteered on both the WISHRM State Conference Planning Committee and the WISHRM State Leadership Conference Planning Committee. Jackie is also a Past President of the Ripon Early Bird Kiwanis club.