WI SHRM 2018 Recap
As we ring in the new year with all that excitement and enthusiasm that the new year brings, here are some of highlights of the accomplishments for WI SHRM 2018:
- Increasing our attendance and attendee experience through the use of the digital app at October WI SHRM State Conference (Total attendance: 1,800 attendees/booth staff)
- Raising over $11,000 in support for the SHRM Foundation!! Couldnít have been accomplished without all of you! THANK YOU!
- Offering SHRM Foundation Scholarships to HR Professionals
- Recognizing Metro Milwaukee SHRM, Fox Valley SHRM and Central Wisconsin SHRM for their partnerships within their communities by awarding them with the Enterprising Leadership Grant Award
- Rewriting our WI SHRM Bylaws
- Achieving the 2017 SHRM Platinum Excel Award for outstanding achievements in state council operations, meaningful programs and services to HR professionals in our state
- Educating and supporting the value of a SHRM certification and recertification.
- Providing ongoing education regarding the value of inclusivity and diversity and recognizing the organizations that do it well
- Forging exceptional partnerships within our communities, including When Work Works.
- Providing opportunities for leadership growth, achieving new skills and advocacy through the Leadership Conference, Student Conference and HR Games and Day on the Hill, respectively.
- Growing our SHRM and local chapter membership
- Supporting nearly 6,000 members, 19 chapters and 14 student chapters.
Itís been an excellent year and Iím proud of all that we have accomplished because of all of you. Wishing you good health, prosperity and personal growth in 2019. Thank you for allowing me to
serve you and I wish you all continued success.
Joanne Krueger, SHRM-CP, PHR
Past State Director