Leadership Director Elect
Position Description & Duties
The Leadership Director Elect is responsible for assisting the Leadership Director in coordinating the leadership, volunteer, society and human resources-related training and development activities for the members of the state council and local SHRM chapters.
RESPONSIBLE TO: State Director
- Attend all State Council meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
- Promote SHRM membership among practicing members of the human resource profession.
- Assists the council in the dissemination of information to Chapters providing timely and accurate responses to questions. Makes recommendations as warranted.
- Work with chapter leaders to incorporate state and SHRM goals into local chapter activities.
- Chair the planning of the yearly State Leadership Conference with assistance from the District Directors and State Director.
- Report to the State Council on a regular basis regarding the activities of the Leadership Conference committee.
- Identify individuals who demonstrate effective leadership roles within the district for potential leadership involvement on the council.
- Provides direction, assistance and support of professional development activities within the state and SHRM.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
- SHRM membership in good standing required.
- HRCI certification highly desirable
- Self-directed work style
- Effective customer service skills
- Team orientation
- Ability to advocate for chapter and council
- Ability to recruit potential WISHRM council members
Serves a two-year term beginning the first of January and ending the last day of December. Appointed by the State Director. May be re-appointed for two additional terms for a total service of four years.
Back to Board of Directors